Thursday, March 11, 2010

Moving Up the Totem Pole

This morning, I yelled at the cats because they were wrestling and fighting. "Hey!" I shouted to get them to separate. Mini McGee looked at me, surprised and a little wounded, because I used a loud, stern tone.

"Oh, no, sweetie, you're fine," I soothed. "I was yelling at the cats because they were being bad."

He looked at me for a minute, then he turned to the cats, who were still crouched down and facing off, and he shouted, "AAAAH!" at them in exactly the same tone as I shouted "Hey!"

He now apparently ranks above the cats on the totem pole.

3 comments:

Dw3t-Hthr said...

Oh my.

One of the cats here has been patiently training Little Foot in How To Pet Cats. The other one only ventured near her when she had the basics down ...

Eyebrows McGee said...

Grey Cat tolerates the baby, but Striped Cat is all, "Oh, HELL no."

webdesign said...

good comments ...
=============
webdesign