Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sympathetic My Ass

My husband is having the most annoying couvade (sympathetic pregnancy) symptom ever.

I am exhausted, being at 36 weeks and having achieved the point of pregnancy where not only am I carrying around a lot of extra weight, but where I can only sleep for three hours or so before being woken by ninja fetus kicking the heck out of my tiny bladder. So he is sleeping 10 to 14 hours a night and requiring 1 to 2 naps a day. Because there's apparently nothing like rubbing it in that some of us get to sleep and some of us don't.

To be fair, he is doing a ton of yard and housework. But STILL.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Isn't it frustrating when someone else is sleeping soundly and you can't? Whenever I have a period of insomnia I really have to resist the urge to "accidentally" wake my husband up.

Anonymous said...

Don't men also have milk leaking from their breasts during couvade? I heard that's a rare symptom as well as papa craving pickles and ice cream.