Thursday, May 21, 2009

My REM Sleep Is Now Rare. And Weird.

I'm pregnant enough that I don't get much REM sleep, because I wake up every couple of hours for a bathroom break and/or to host a dance party in my uterus.

Last night I slept long enough to have the first dream I've had (or at least recalled) in a couple weeks, which was my REM-y brain making a mash-up of "Tootsie" and "Mrs. Doubtfire." It was a surprisingly good movie, I have to say, though my brain was having difficulty sorting out whether Robin Williams or Dustin Hoffman was in the starring role.

Waking up from this required blinking at the ceiling for two solid minutes going, "WTF?"

1 comment:

Kimberly Chapman said...

There are whole books, articles, studies etc devoted to the weirdness and intensity of preggy dreams. I personally believe it's all because the babies are sucking moms brain out through the placenta and the brain is screaming for help. Later, they suck more brain out through our boobs. Which is why we all feel so utterly stupid and forgetful during pregnancy and early parenting. It's all because of our zombie-like babies. :D