Thursday, October 02, 2008

Gravity Broken: Cat May Not Land on Feet

As if Orange Cat didn't have enough troubles, last night I woke up around 4 a.m. as he is FALLING OFF THE BED. And then can't manage to stand up. I have no idea how he managed to fall off the bed, since nobody was rolling over and accidentally shoving him or anything, but he fell, and our bed is pretty tall, and the floor is wood, so it was a pretty big fall.

He eventually got himself up and is now extremely gimpy in his back right leg, poor thing. We've been carrying him to his usually napping places this morning so he doesn't have to walk far (I even got out of bed to put him back up on the bed), but he is moving himself around to where he wants to be, so I think he'll be okay.

He sat on my lap for a while this morning while I read the paper and I tried a cold pack very gently on his gimpy leg. At first he seemed suspicious of this and kept looking at it and sniffing it, but then he decided he liked the cold and kept leaning into it. Now he's sitting ON it with it under him, which does nothing for his leg but apparently he just likes the cold. He is a weird cat.

No comments: