Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ah, The Young Padawans

They're catching on to me too quickly. I asked, "What color are carrots?"

About half the class uncertainly mumbled, "Orange?"

About a quarter of the class cried out, almost simultaneously, "Every color but orange!"

And about a quarter of the class flatly refused to answer on the grounds it was a trick question.

I said, "Okay, guys, if this WEREN'T a philosophy class and you WEREN'T assuming I was asking a trick question, what color are carrots?"

Only then would they all agree, arguendo, that carrots are orange.

2 comments:

maubs said...

If only in riddles you speak, anticipate the hook they will, hmm?

amorous congruous stick said...

my goodness, i'd be so terrified to be in your class! :)

good for them, though!

thanks for keeping the masses entertained!
-james