Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Orange Update

Super-quick Orange Cat update -- I want to post the pictures of my new stream but I've misplaced my camera cable --

He's doing really, really well on the fluid treatment. He still won't eat a darn thing, but there's a marked improvement in his energy levels and alertness with the fluids. (Also in his purring levels.) We'll find out later this week if there's been any improvement in his kidneys -- I'm not hopeful -- but at least his quality of life is much better.

I am coping okay with the fluid treatments. I can do it alone if I have to, but Mr. McGee's been doing the part with the needles and I've just been holding the bag. Orange Cat struggled the first couple nights but now that he's used to it, he hangs out pretty calmly for 100 to 125 mL, and we only need to get 150 into him. (The fluid is a little cold and, if you've ever had fluids, feels a little weird, so around 100 he starts to feel a little weird and get fussy.)

I'm off for some cheering up with Trailerhood, so catch you later!

4 comments:

Sasha said...

We had some success getting our guy to eat with baby food and Nutrical, especially if you can dab it on his lips and get him to lick it off.

My Flock Rocks! said...

Glad to hear Orange Cat is doing better...I always feel better when I get plenty of fluids too!

It was fun hanging with the trailerhood yesterday...we'll have to do that again soon! :)

Eyebrows McGee said...

We will! It was fun!

Jennifer said...

Eyebrows,
Oh, I'm so glad that Orange Cat is coping well with the treatment and that it's not too awful for you, either!
Jennnifer