Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Best Compliment Ever

(Also the reason I don't get in trouble for not erasing my board.)

I'm teaching a night class in comparative religions, and the woman who cleans my part of the building in the evening always hangs out outside my class, and tonight she told me that she cleans outside my classroom when class is in session so she can listen to me, and that she's always eager to read what's on the board when I leave.

This seriously may be the best compliment I receive in my entire life.

4 comments:

Billy Dennis said...

Damn. You are right. HUGE compliment.

Kudos to you.

Donna/Doxy/LyricFox said...

That's incredible, Koi!

Theresa said...

Hello there! I have been reading your blog with interest, since it seems my husband and I will soon move to Peoria...from Colorado. I have to say I am a bit underwhelmed at the prospect for many reasons, but your blog has been very good for my mood, as I see there is intelligent life in the heartland. I am also a teacher...high school History and Government.

I wonder if you might be interested in answering some questions about Peoria that I have? I don't know anyone in Illinois and haven't even been there...would you be willing to correspond via e-mail? I'd be minimally invasive (y'know...not a toothache or a kidney stone...maybe a slight itch?)

Anyhow...my name is Theresa and my e-mail address is yekdeli@hotmail.com. Do write if you might be willing to tell me about the Peoria area...thanks.

flowerpower131 said...

How sad that the person seeking wisdom has to listen through the door while the one offered wisdom sleeps through it....I hope she goes back to school.