Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back to the Vet: Good News

Just to keep everyone updated, Orange Cat was back to the vet this morning, and his kidney function, while still not within the healthy range, is MUCH improved by the fluids. And, as I said, his energy levels and alertness and purringness are up on the fluids. The goal now is to get him to eat something -- anything. He's got three weeks before he goes back to the vet, and the vet was very encouraged by his results.

Now, we're still probably looking at basically palliative care that's keeping him comfortable and as healthy/happy as possible while his kidneys continue to decline, but we've probably got at least a little longer with him than we'd first hoped, and he's a much happier kitty.

So assume no news is good news, bloggerinos, and I'll definitely post when something changes. It's been absolutely wonderful to have so many people out there rooting for Orange Cat and being so kind to me.

3 comments:

My Flock Rocks! said...

That is very good news! Now maybe you can coax him to eat with a can of fine albacore tuna. If you're going to be grilling tuna steaks, or swordfish for Orange cat let me know what time din din is :)I'll bring the cat nip!

What's Shaking said...

Happy for you and Orange cat that some positive progress was made. I have a orange tabby named Cheeto so I know how we are with our wiskered companions.

Josh said...

Give him a bird!