Friday, June 20, 2008

Student Evaluations

Like most schools, ICC has students anonymously evaluate the professors, and I just got back my set from last semester. As per usual, it's a mix of the useful and thoughtful and the hurried and useless, but I got some pretty funny ones this semester.

One student offers:

What aspect of the instructor's teaching did you like the least?

"Easily offended by talking during lecture, even whispers."


Next eval in pile:

What aspect of this course did you like the least?

"I didn't like the guys behind me that never shut up."


I'm not totally sure what THIS means:

What aspect of the instructor's teaching did you like the most?

"Knows what she's talking about."

What aspect of the instructor's teaching did you like the least?

"KNOWS that she knows what she's talking about."


And my absolute favorite from this semester:

What aspect of the instructor's teaching did you like the least?

"Being pro-marijuana when she's never smoked it."


I'm not sure if the objection is to my stance on decriminalization of pot, or to the fact that I've never smoked it!

2 comments:

Ms. PH said...

Those are awesome! I love the fact that you are easily offended by talking during lecture, even whispers. Clueless . . . absolutely clueless.

Anonymous said...

Smoke it!