Thursday, June 05, 2008

Public Service Announcement

Just a reminder, Peoria, to make sure you have your preferred towing company (and taxi company) on your cell phone. My car broke down today in the (stinking hot) parking lot of Target, and there is just no worse feeling than being by yourself with a broken car away from home.

Fortunately at some point in the past I had remembered to put the towing company we use into my cell phone, so I was able to get towed in 15 minutes, without having to call my husband in tears. In fact, I was able to call him and say, "My car broke down, the tow truck is on the way," which is probably a nice change for him from my usual method of coping with car-related crises.

1 comment:

B said...

AAA.

106 mile tow home from Auburn on the down slope out of Lake Tahoe. Cost $70.

And I get crazy good home/car insurance rates from 'em too.

Makes it well worth the annual fee.