Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Orange Cat Has Too Many Feelings

I got my husband some flannel sheets, to help with his whole "I'm so cold!" thing. He put them on the bed for when I came back from vacation last night, so I could come home to a made bed (rare thing) and fresh sheets.

Now, Orange Cat hates change -- he hides for hours when we move furniture and DAYS when we bring new furniture into the house -- so Orange Cat was pretty suspicious of the new sheets, which smelled like store, not people or laundry. But on the other hand, the flannel was so cat-cozy he was rubbing his head against it while lying on his side. And the whole time he had this look on his face like, "I disapprove of your sheet-changing actions and yet they are so fuzzy" or "I am both woeful and ecstatic at the same time." Or he'd be all happy and rubbing his head on them, and then suddenly stop and look up at me suspiciously. And then be happy again. And then suspicious. It was absolutely hysterical.

This is a very confused cat.

4 comments:

Peoria Pundit said...

Eyebrows: "And the whole time he had this look on his face like, 'I disapprove of your sheet-changing actions and yet they are so fuzzy' or 'I am both woeful and ecstatic at the same time.' "

That's a pretty neet trick, considering that cats lack the kind of facial muscles needed to show emotion in this way.

Project much?

;-)

Ms. PH said...

Ohhh, Billy. I have to disagree. My cat has more facial expressions than most men I know.

I may have to do a post showing all of them for the doubtful out there.

Phoibos said...

Cats definitely give you "looks". They may not have facial muscles like humans, but body posture, head position, and ear position are all distinctive enough to convey very human-like attitudes.

Henny Penny said...

Our cats have very expressive faces. Especially Boyd, even the vet notices the human like faces he pulls.