Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I May Be Immature, But I Have Great Aim

My husband and I were eating at Vallarta's the other night (where he drank like 3/4 of my margarita, but whatever) and I was struck by a sudden fit of immaturity: I felt the overwhelming urge to blow my straw wrapper at my husband.

Which I promptly did.

And which I shot right into his open mouth as he ferried a salsa-loaded chip into it! He just stopped dead and looked shocked. I felt really bad, but I was laughing so hard I was crying nonetheless. (In fact, I'm chortling as I type this.)

That may cure me of straw-wrapper blowing for a while.

7 comments:

Ms. PH said...

Oh my god - that is funny. I don't know, if I were you and had that kind of aim, I would start blowing MORE straw wrappers at people.

Peoria Pundit said...

This toughed on a pet peeve of mine.

When I was a kid, it was easy to twist off the top of a straw wrapper and blow in one end, sending the wrapper off like a rocket. In fact, I got in trouble more than once at Glen Oak Grade school for doing just that.

These days though, they make those wrappers so tight, it doesn't work. Also, the paper they use is so cheap,they are as likely to rip as they are to rocket off.

Anything to save a few pennies on every box of straws, I suppose.

I will, however, have to take you to Vallarta's for lunch sometime soon.

Jimi said...

Too funny!!! I spent/wasted a portion of my childhood looking for and never making that shot.

reno said...

Forget the straw, I'm laughing at the opportunity to use the word "chortling."

Kara Harris said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning!

Jennifer said...

Luckily no one was injured in your prank. (ha ha)

I can see the straw wrapper warnings now, "Not for use by children or immature adults."

Peoria AntiPundit said...

I must of miss it. (poking finger into cheek)