Thursday, June 21, 2007

Today's Important Life Lesson: Life Is Not Like the Movies

So I managed to lock myself out of my car today, which is one of the things I worry about most (God knows why; it'd take 20 minutes for my husband to come rescue me anywhere in Peoria) so I'm very anal-retentive about my keys and will check my purse for them an OCD number of times before getting out of the car. But today I was distracted (it's been a heckuva day all through) and got out of the car at the dry cleaner leaving my keys on the passenger seat, which I didn't notice until I came back out of the dry cleaner and I was standing by the car door looking for my keys in my purse.

Oh. Crap.

I call Mr. McGee, who does not pick up, but then I remember that my "trunk not fully closed" light had been on, because he never slams it hard enough (it's picky about latching), but I had ALSO forgotten to do that. So I manage to pop up my trunk from the outside, lay down the seats, konk my noggin a good one, and shimmy and crawl my way through the trunk, over the back seats, to just - barely - reach my keys in the front seat, whereupon I promptly caught their "leash" on the gearshift, so I had to get all the way in the car, using yoga-like contortions, to be able to free them.

So today's lesson is ENTERING A CAR FROM THE TRUNK IS NOT AS EASY AS THE MOVIES MAKE IT LOOK!

5 comments:

C. J. Summers said...

Please tell me someone got a picture of that! Ha ha ha! That's the funniest thing I've read in a while!

Jennifer said...

I didn't even know you could go through the car trunk to get inside the car. I guess I always thought there was some kind of impervious divider...
Guess we must not watch the same movies.

Josh said...

So you get out of the trunk and there is a cop saying, "Is this YOUR car mam?"

Peoria Pundit said...

Thinking I would have paid cash money to see that.

B said...

Corollary to Today's Important Life Lesson: Life is Not Like the Movies

...unless of course your life is the movies. Ninja skills and the Force take you a long way in my world and it appears that at the very least they get you into the back seat......