Saturday, June 16, 2007

Lungs? Are You There?

I haven't been blogging because now is the season of my allergic discontent, so I've had a non-stop headache for more than a week. (I'm spectacular to live with when I have a non-stop headache for more than a week! Ask Mr. McGee!) As far as I can tell, my airways have moved out and gotten an apartment somewhere across town where they don't have to do anything but call home once a week and ask for money like some whiney teenager who's pissed off about having to do minor household chores like, oh, I don't know, FACILITATING THE EXCHANGE OF AIR INTO MY OXYGEN-HUNGRY BLOOD.

As a result, I've curtailed activities that require me to look at or concentrate on anything, such as blogging, reading, or watching TV, and have refocused my energy on picking fights with my husband on the theory that CLEARLY he is responsible for all the pollen in the entire universe moving into my personal backyard.

3 comments:

ilsateredbird said...

brows,
Sorry to hear of your alergies. It was once said that you are allergic to the things you enjoy. How can you grow a polleness garden?
Do not be wishing for the first killing frost before summer starts.
Hope you get some relief as fruit set starts.
ILSTATEREDBIRD

Eyebrows McGee said...

"How can you grow a polleness garden?"

You can't, but I did have a pollenless bridal bouquet!

Diane Vespa said...

You should definately see a pulmonologist... inhaled Pulmicort once a day would probably take care of your problems. Good luck, my son has these problems too.