Thursday, May 10, 2007

I Think I'm Cheating

So I'm preparing for summer semester, and every time I sit down to read my textbooks and prepare lectures, I have this guilty feeling that I'm slacking off. I mean, I'M READING for work.

I just cannot believe that people are willing to pay me to read interesting stuff, listen to myself talk at length, and criticize others. I LITERALLY CANNOT IMAGINE A BETTER JOB.

I used to think I wanted to be, like, a radio talk show host, because then I could talk a lot and criticize people, but professoring is MUCH BETTER because of the reading part.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It sounds like you've found your calling... any "job" that is a joy, doesn't feel like "work" is a blessing.
Congratulations.

anon e. mouse said...

Sounds like a Triple Crown!

Peoria Pundit said...

I envy you in ways you CANNOT imagine.