Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring Garden Pictures

I'm trying a new little toy here, called MapWing, which allows you to give virtual photo tours. I took some pictures of my garden on April 1 (at entirely the wrong time of day, the light was terrible) and I've uploaded them to create a little tour so you can "walk around" my garden.

The pictures start playing as a slide show; you can click under the picture on the left on "play" to make it stop and let you progress manually. If you hover your mouse over the picture, an arrow pointing forwards will appear. If you click it, you'll move on to the next picture. When you're looking at the daffodils, you'll see arrows to each side as well -- you can click those to "turn around" and look the other direction.

Little buttons with a camera on them or a "www" will also appear, and will take you to close-ups or to a website (which, in this case, shows you what the flower I'm talking about will look like when it grows).

You can also navigate by click on the little circles on the map to the right of the pictures. Take the embedded tour below or click here. Let me know what you think!


4 comments:

PeoriaIllinoisan said...

That's pretty cool...

Any chance your "bulb bed" will survive the cold snap better than the O'Brien field Palm Trees?

Jennifer said...

I was thinking the same thing as PeoriaIllinoisan. This cold snap is deadly and the poor lovely tulips just started blooming.

Jonathan Ahl said...

First charts and graphs, and now this? Very fancypants, Ms. E. McGee.

Eyebrows McGee said...

I hope they survive. Bulbs are reasonably frost-hardy, but it's dropping into the mid-to-low 20s, and that's a lot to ask of a tulip!

At any rate, their foliage will survive the cold, if not the blooms, so they'll be back next year.

-------

Thanks, Jonathan! I thought this was very neat. :D I might try to do it monthly during the growing season.