Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Any Given Tuesday

My life is so. random.

I voted today, and if you haven't yet, you should. I absolutely love voting. Sometimes I actually "woohoo!" after I vote, which makes the retired people running the polls look at me funny. I get such a kick out of participating in the electoral process and the whole self-governance thing. Makes me way psyched. Plus, they give me a sticker. Which, since today I was wearing my T-shirt featuring a bear with underwear on his head, I put on the 2nd bear's head. (Mine is blue, not pink.) On second thought, it may have been the bear with underwear on his head making the retired people look at me funny, not the woohoo.

I took my husband out to lunch at Rizzi's on State, where we were (unbeknownst to us) sitting behind John Morris, the development VP at WTVP, who overheard us talking about a show on Nova tonight (First Flower, at 7 p.m. on WTVP, looks VERY good!), and gave us his card, which charmed me. Well, now you've done it, John Morris, because now I'm inviting you to like every party I ever have from here on out.

Speaking of which, now that it's warmed up, I'm starting to think about blogger bashery, so stay tuned, bloggerinos!

2 comments:

anon e. mouse said...

Ha! I just got done watching the last half of "First Flower" with my 10 year old dino-obsessed son.
The Lotus and the Sycamore - who knew?

jenjw4@yahoo.com said...

I am exactly the same way about voting. To me it's so thrilling. I have voted in every election since I was 18 and it's still one of those things that makes me feel like a "grown-up" in a good way. (Unlike things like back pain, paying property taxes, and being found hopelessly uncool by my kids).