Friday, February 16, 2007

My First "Scary Peoria" Experience

I totally forgot to blog about this, but driving home from the Lincoln Dinner at around 9:30 or 10 p.m. (I think), we were going northwest on Hamilton Blvd. and turning right onto North (map), and there were two men walking northwest, one on either side of the road, and one of them was carrying a naked weapon in his right hand. Some kind of handgun, with a sheen to it (it was shining back the streetlights' light).

They were wearing baggy pants, but the rest of their outfits were entirely covered up by warm winter outerwear, and it was too dark (and I was too startled) to notice any distinguishing features or even the race of the men. For all I know they had a perfectly good reason for walking in the 2*F weather with one carrying an unholstered gun and that gun was fully in compliance with state FOIC laws. But I kinda don't think so.

Scared the CRAP out of me.

(I did call it in to the PPD, but I didn't have my cell in the car becuase I was carrying a little girly purse and by the time I called it in, they said they couldn't really do anything. Which I figured, but I wanted to make sure I called in case they had a pattern of reports in that area or something.)

1 comment:

Anon E. Mouse said...

Welcome to Peoria!

Keep calling the police. When the guilty parties find out it was you, look me up. I know a great real estate agent that can find you a nice spot out here in rural Tazewell County.

(Who me, a Cynic?)