Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Snowmageddon Pics

Just a few pics from the McGee Homestead of the big storm. (And my knee is much better today. Apparently it was just offended.) My husband took these shots. As always, click to enlarge individual pictures.



Here's how deep we dug out on our front steps. Getting the door open was a bit of an adventure, and as both our front and back doors have storm doors that open outwards, for a while I thought we were going to have to call the neighbor with an attached garage (and door that opens UP!) to come dig our door out enough that we could open it!



Here's the McGee garden, totally buried. You can see a picture of my garden in summer (from a different angle) here. My poor little boxwoods are completely buried, just in front of that line of chickenwire with the posts sticking up, about midway back in the picture. My mums and my burning bush are also totally snowed under. My patio furniture sorta looks like it's having a party, though.



These are a little hard to see, and I adjusted a lot of levels on this photo to try to make them more visible. Because the wind was blowing so hard, we got really interesting patterns and striations in the top of the snow. We had some really pretty ones on the driveway that Mr. McGee tried to capture here.

(Incidentally, you can see my neighbor's plastic basement window-well cover in that picture; one of their covers collapsed -- totally fell apart -- from the weight of the snow. Not that one, though.)

No comments: