Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Update to the Blogroll

I've finally updated my blogroll over on the left there. Adventures in HTML are always a strain for me, although I think I now have the whole "making links" thing down pretty well. I haven't broken my blog and required emergency digital rescue in like 8 months.

Anyway, I've added Knight in Dragonland and Give Me a Bouncy C over to the "In Peoria" blogs (although technically Knight isn't in PEORIA, but let's not be picky).

In the Elsewhere section, I've added a link to a serialized online novel a friend of mine is writing, Warriors of the Sun God. You should check it out.

I've also added links to two blogs from across the pond that actually have a fair amount in common although they're on wildly different topics. Psychology for the Masses is by a friend of mine who's a graduate student in psychology in the Netherlands, who blogs about psychology in the real world in a way accessible to the educated layman. Myth and Magic in Popular Culture comes from a friend in Sweden with a self-taught expertise in mythology so brilliant she's already been plagiarized and that plagiarism published. She also writes about the intersection of an academic field with everyday life, and does it in a very accessible way.

Also take a moment to note that both of these women are writing on arcane, complex topics in ENGLISH THAT IS BETTER THAN MINE when it's a second (or third) language for each. It makes me feel so embarassingly monolingual.

If I was supposed to add your blog and forgot, send me a link so I can do that. I'm feeling HTML brave and may get to it before, you know, Christmas.

5 comments:

Scott J said...

Scott J is raising his own eyebrows right about now. LOL

Anonymous said...

I love you. Will you write my obituary? ;)

knight in dragonland said...

Thanks for the link, E.M. You're one up on my blogmaster (grumble, grumble). Since I grew up in Peoria, I certainly won't take offense at the association.

I think Edgar Sandoval & I are the only Pekin bloggers currently active. There's a guy originally from Pekin who lives in Florida (Pekin Prattles - a rambling, Vonster-esque blog), but nobody else that actually lives here.

You should add Edgar's blog -
http://market117.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You could add my blog, seeing as I have a link to yours...

http://ahlthingsconsidered.blogspot.com/

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

You could add my blog, seeing as I have a link to yours...

http://ahlthingsconsidered.blogspot.com/

Thank you.