Wednesday, September 06, 2006

RERUN: Rhubarb + Eyebrows = Total Lack of Couth

You see - and I can't believe I'm about to tell this story in print - rhubarb makes me fart like crazy.

My grandmother made spectacular strawberry-rhubarb pies, and for my uncle's 50th birthday, we naturally had his favorite strawberry-rhubarb pies in place of a cake. Well, imagine my dismay when a few minutes after eating this delicacy, I found my guts a-grumbling, my belly a-bloated ... and my farts a-farting. In the middle of a family reunion. I tried to be subtle, leaving the room, releasing gas quietly. But one of my little toddling cousins came over and banged me in the belly with his head as he hugged me, setting off a report like a gun-shot from my tortured colon.

Rhubarb + Eyebrows = Total Lack of Couth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And did this little cousin find it very amusing!! Thanks for the laugh!
Peggy

Anonymous said...

Better hope that one doesn't make the journal star...hahah-just kidding, thats a funny story.