Monday, September 04, 2006

RERUN: Nature 1, Duct Tape 0

My husband and I recently bought our first house – with a yard.

For two people who have been living in student housing – dorms, apartments – for the last eight years, this is enormously exciting. My husband has something of a green thumb, and I’m quite the environmentalist, so we were ready to get dirty in the yard, planting a veritable native-habitat paradise that would be as beautiful to behold as it would be friendly to the environment.

Alas, the best-laid plans.

Nature 1, Duct Tape 0

1 comment:

knight in dragonland said...

We moved into our new house this spring and have two beds in our back yard planted by the previous owners. I'm similarly clueless ... with a few exceptions, I can't tell what's supposed to be there and what's a weed. Let me know if you find some good resources.