Friday, August 25, 2006


A Dutch friend of mine, whose English is spectacular and blogs over here, had a rare instance where she couldn't come up with the English word for a Dutch one she wanted to use, and so Englified the Dutch word to come up with "interpunction" when she was describing someone's terrible punctuation.

He writes,, like this -- with random,, punctuation throw in at all intervals ...... and lots of unnecessary,, ellipses and things,,

I think "interpunction" is a BRILLIANT word that exactly describes this internet scourge of random-ass punctuation being inserted where it doesn't belong either because the writer is illiterate or thinks it looks kewl. Ergo, I urge you all to adopt "interpunction" as a new English word to describe this random interspersion of punctuation: interpunction.


Tony said...

Interpunction... That's like: A totally awesome -- no a super awesome new, word!! :)

Mahkno said...

Hmmm..... I like it... yes ? I think I do..

Anon E. Mouse said...

I think "interpunction" is fantabulous. However, the made-up word I will use most, especially at work, will continue to be 'craptastic.'

ze Mouse

PS: I've got to throw it out...

They help a sentence make

(credit the Electic Company)