Thursday, April 27, 2006

Basement Water

We found out how the water is getting in the basement. The contractor and I took the peg board off the wall, and then he just stood there and stared at it for a good 90 seconds before saying hesitantly, "It's a ceramic pipe ...." and I said, "There's a lot of mud ...." and he said, "I've been doing this for 40 years and I've never seen anything like this."

Then I had to go find everyone in the neighborhood who was home and make them come look at my basement. Because it's just plain bizarre. I can't even describe it to you in words. I will have to take pictures. But I'm in a great mood because a $2000 new dewatering system just became a $4 DIY project. Also, because I get to tell everyone I see about the TOTALLY BIZARRE PIPE IN MY BASEMENT WALL! (And everyone is suitable impressed with its bizarreness.)

If there's anything on this planet that makes a bad situation better for Eyebrows, it's getting a good story out of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is a ceramic pipe bizarre? I don't I get it. Ceramic pipes used to be quite common. I've seen many of them. Was it, like, unglazed or something? Pleae explain.

Eyebrows McGee said...

It wasn't the pipe itself but the placement of the pipe. You will have to wait for the pictures. It's just too weird to describe.