Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Proof That I Am a Lizard

It got to be about 4:45 and I got up from my desk and realized I was really rather cold. So cold, in fact, that I went to take the unusual step of turning the thermostat up from my winter setting of 62°F (my poor Floridian husband!) to, say, 63°F or even 65°F - crazy times!

A few minutes later I was STILL cold. Glanced at the thermostat, which claimed it was 63°F, and cranked it all the way up to 66°F.

Then I realized THE AIR WAS NOT BLOWING. Checked the vents. No blowing. Checked the thermostat ...

Which actually said FIFTY-three degrees, not sixty-three.

Which is proof positive that I'm cold-blooded, that I didn't notice my furnace was broken until it got down to 53°F in my house.

Boy, thank God it's a balmy 28°F outside or I'd really be chilly!

1 comment:

Phoibos said...

OMG! I keep my thermostat at 68° in the winter, and consider that a pretty low temperature. If it goes below that, I start to hibernate.

Poor Mr. McGee.