Sunday, October 30, 2005

Fall Back Day

I love Fall Back Day. I get extra sleep AND I feel really virtuous for getting up before 7 a.m. (when of course my body thinks it's almost 8, but what does it know?)

The cats, on the other hand, not such fans - food was delayed by an entire hour. I think they'll have nervous breakdowns tonight, since they usually start getting frantic about dinner two hours before it's time, and tonight they'll be waiting three!

I would prefer, however, to live in a place where time doesn't change, like Indiana, where I went to college. It just rules not having to deal with it, and now I'm really resentful that I have to change all the clocks since I lived four years without dealing with that. (On the other hand, primetime shifted by an hour when the time didn't change and that was very confusing for my TV-watching habits.) I hear Indiana is going to start changing time now. Fie on them! Worst idea ever! Stay strong, Indiana! Don't change your clocks!

2 comments:

caryatid said...

Since (my home state) Indiana jumped on the time-wagon, Arizona is your only other choice in the cont. U.S.

What's really strange is that AZ doesn't observe DST, but the Navajo Nation does. It makes road trips very interesting. :)

Star said...

Insert rant about Indiana going to DST next year here... I'm sure you've heard it enough already. *G*