Friday, September 23, 2005

Fore!

This boy across the street has taken up golf. I haven't actually met him, but I think he's about 10 or 11. So for the last week or so, he's been practicing chip shots in his front yard -- by chipping them at his siblings and friends on the front porch, who then throw the balls back to him. There's much cheering, shouting, hooting, and "YEAH!"-ing. I've never seen kids so excited about golf; I didn't know golf was such a loud sport.

And I sincerely hope he's practicing with whiffleballs.

Every time I hear the local firehouse (which is about three blocks away) send out trucks or ambulances, I have to go to the front window to see if golf boy has finally chipped one right into his sister's head. It's like watching a train wreck. I just can't help it.

No comments: