Monday, August 29, 2005

Eyebrows (hearts) Gary Panetta

Sing it, sistah! (Um ... brotha!)

To avoid its death, classical music must inject youth

(It would be a better headline if it was INFECTING youth rather than injecting it, but whatever.)

Eyebrows & her husband just bought season tickets to the Peoria Symphony today -- for $175 you can get seats for all 7 subscription concerts on the back part of the main floor. For $150 you can get tickets for 4 of 7. I was totally down with the $50 difference for our two ticket packages! That's a bargain, 3 extra live classical concerts for $25!

Anyway, look under my links for the Peoria Symphony and get yourself some tickets. The Peoria Symphony is shockingly good for a city of Peoria's size, and it's well worth the price of tickets. I'm particularly excited about the Gala opening concert on September 17, because I love the Russians and Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" is one of my top three favorite pieces in the classical repetoire.

PS - my ass still hurts. A lot. And it's boring not being able to do much but lie on my stomach and read things. Like the world's worst romance novel. It's really, really, really bad. REALLY bad. Barely semi-literate bad. So bad I might have to review it.

No comments: