Friday, June 03, 2005

Was It Really Only a Dream?

Mr. McGee doesn't like it when I blog about him. He says I make stuff up and leave stuff out. But he says and does so many funny things that I just can't help it! When you spend 15 hours a day with someone, they're bound to do something amusing at some point, even if 8 of those hours are spent asleep.

Case in point:

Last night I had this bizarre dream that I was hanging out with three of my girlfriends, and our husbands were all there. We women were talking about cats, while the men were nearby building the world's first hot air balloon that ran on farts. (Yes, I know, it's yet another post about farting. I don't usually spend this much time talking about human gas emissions, I promise.)

So when I woke up this morning and we were groggifying in bed before facing the day, I related this dream to my husband.

He replies, and I still don't know if he was awake or asleep when he said this: "Did the balloon INFLATE with farts or was it PROPELLED with farts?"

Which points out the basic, essential difference between the sexes: My dream did not specify whether farting was a method of inflation or propulsion. It was the first thing he thought of, even half-asleep.

No comments: